Links and Articles
If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts and have a plan and intent, please call 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room.
(scroll down for…)
International Suicide Prevention and Emergency Numbers
Coping with Anxiety and Stress
Suicide Prevention Numbers:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273 -TALK
- U.S. Suicide Hotlines By State
- 911 is the U.S. emergency number for any crisis.
- U.S Crisis Text Line is the only 24/7, nationwide crisis-intervention text-message hotline. crisistextline.org Text HOME to 741-741.
- Samaritans USA http://www.samaritansusa.org/
- (See specific groups below)
UK, Australia, Ireland
- 24/7 crisis support services: Lifeline 13 11 14; Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467; Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800; MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78; Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636. In the UK and Ireland, Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suicide crisis numbers from around the world
- International Suicide helplines can also be found at befrienders.org
Specific groups in the U.S.
- Veterans U.S. Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- Adolescent U.S. Suicide Hotline 1-800-621-4000
- Espanol: U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (ESP) 1-888-628-9454
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing: U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-799-4889
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania Access Services Mobile Crisis Support at 1-855-634-HOPE (4673).
Find Hope …
Cope with Anxiety and Stress…
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) https://adaa.org/ The source for understanding anxiety, PTSD, depression, and how they are linked.
Anxiety Disorders by Dr. John Grohol – thorough article with helpful links on Psych Central https://psychcentral.com/disorders/anxiety/
https://www.consumersadvocate.org/online-therapy– What to look for in an online therapist
Online Therapy Reviews: The online therapy review site I like best for its detailed descriptions
Psychology Today– extensive listings of therapists
Christian Care Connect – Find local Christian counselors, coaches, and clinics
The Lighthouse Network: A National Helpline that supports leaders and faith community members in finding faith-based mental health services and supports in their region. 1.844.543.3242 www.lighthousenetwork.org
Local to Montgomery County, Pennsylvania – Access Services adult and senior peer support Talk-Line 855-715-8255 (855-715-TALK) or Text: 267-225-7785 1:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. 7 days per week.
Local to Cleveland OHIO – Suicide or Mental Health Mobile Crisis Help Line 216-623-6888
Local to Cleveland OHIO – “First Call for Help” is a helpline for any other assistance or information 211 or 216-436-2000