If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts and have a plan and intent, please call your emergency number (911 in the U.S.) immediately or go to your nearest emergency room.
Scroll down for: International Suicide Prevention and Emergency Numbers | Find Treatment | Encouragement and Connection | Cope with Anxiety and Stress
click here for video- I’m Glad You Are Alive
International Suicide Prevention and Emergency Numbers
- 911 is the U.S. emergency number for any crisis.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline1-800-273 -TALK (8255) Languages: English, Spanish
- National Hopeline Network: 1-800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433)
- Lifeline Crisis Chat (Online live messaging): https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- Self-Harm Hotline: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
- U.S. Suicide Hotlines By State
- crisistextline.org – U.S Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741-741
- Veterans U.S. Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 or text to 838255.
- veteranscrisisline.net/get-help/chat –A confidential online chat session for veterans
- Adolescent U.S. Suicide Hotline 1-800-621-4000
- Espanol: U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (ESP) 1-888-628-9454
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing: U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline TTY 1-800-799-4889
- TREVOR Crisis Hotline: 1-866-488-7386 – LGBTQ
- TransLifeline: https://www.translifeline.org – 877-565-8860
- Suicide Prevention Wiki: http://suicideprevention.wikia.com
- Ohio-specific textline- 4HOPE to 741741
- Local to Montgomery County, Pennsylvania Access Services Mobile Crisis Support 855-634-HOPE (4673).
- Local to Montgomery County, Pennsylvania – Access Services adult and senior peer support Talk-Line 855-715-8255 (855-715-TALK) or Text: 267-225-7785 1:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. 7 days per week.
- Local to Cleveland Ohio – Suicide or Mental Health Mobile Crisis Help Line 216-623-6888
- Local to Cleveland Ohio – “First Call for Help” is a helpline for any other assistance or information 211 or 216-436-2000
UK, Australia & Republic of Ireland
- 24/7 crisis support services: Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636.
- In the UK and Ireland, Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MIND 1-300-123 -3393 – Not an emergency line. In the UK- information on coping issues.
https://aacc.net The American Association of Christian Counselors Resources page
https://www.consumersadvocate.org/online-therapy– What to look for in an online therapist
Online Therapy Reviews- Online therapy review site – I like it for its detailed descriptions
Psychology Today– Extensive listings of therapists
www.lighthousenetwork.org – The Lighthouse Network: A National Helpline that supports leaders and faith community members in finding faith-based mental health services and supports in their region. 1.844.543.3242
https://marbleretreat.org/ Marble Retreat: Counseling Center for Pastors in Crisis. Located in Marble, Colorado.
https://www.aplaceofhope.com – Christian Treatment for depression, anxiety, eating disorders, PTSD, OCD, addiction, and abuse. Located in Washington State
https://recoverycentersofamerica.com To provide you with the very best in Christian care, RCA has world-class treatment teams with extensive experience in treating mental health disorders. Found in St. Charles, Illinois; Indianapolis, Indiana; 2 locations in Maryland; 2 locations in Massachusetts; 3 locations in Pennsylvania; and 7 locations in New Jersey.
ENCOURAGEMENT AND CONNECTION
For Ohioans age 60+ – Staying Connected – receive a phone call per day and other resources to combat isolation
Cope with Anxiety and Stress
https://adaa.org/ Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA)
Anxiety Disorders by Dr. John Grohol – thorough article with helpful links on Psych Central https://psychcentral.com/disorders/anxiety/